April 19, 2008

Training/Racing

This morning was the BFAS duathlon and I headed down with Char, Avery and Mayfield to cheer Char on for her "brick workout." The race was way out in Nocatee, which was a cool spot for it but the parking was kinda crazy. You had to park like a mile away and then hump it to the start/finish area. I thought it would be a good idea if Avery wore her Heelys and let Mayfield pull her during the long haul. That worked great until Avery got tripped up and scabbed her knee. Solid Dad work! Anyhow, here's Avery and Mayfield during the morning hike...


Hell, I'll just get to the results. Char won her age goup. Very nice! sbc won his age group. Great success! Our buddy Brett got 2nd to Sean with pretty much no training as of late. Some people just roll like that! There were also quite a few of our friends there who also placed well. It was a cool morning kicking it with Avery, Steph, Cathy and our good little roll dog Mayfield.

Here's a few shots of Char kicking some ace and sbc finishing strong!




On the training side of things, this is my last build week before the Southeastern Regional/Georgia State mountain bike race next weekend in Winder, GA. Char will be doing the XTERRA Saturday and then joining me for the XC race Sunday. I've been busting butt the last 3 weeks of this build phase hitting intervals and long rides. While next week is not a high priority for me, I'm still set up in my training to have a good race. I am eager to see where I am fitness-wise and where the first month of working with a coach has gotten me. Not that I expect to see any huge gains, but my results in the expert class can only get better! I am hoping to peak for the 14th Annual Bump n Grind national MTB race in Pelham, AL on June 1st. This will be my 4th time going to this race as it is an awesome venue and an awesome course. I would really love to score a top 5 at the BUMP!


Today I have an "easy" 3 hour road spin on the schedule so I better get started on that...

No comments: