August 7, 2008

Birthday Shout!


Happy Birthday Char! I should have put this up yesterday but for some reason I'm always a day late and a dollar short... Either way, Love Ya Babe!

So the whole Brett Favre drama ended with him being traded to the Jets. Hmm. He retired. Then unretired. The Pack didn't want him. He showed up. They sent him to the Jets. Wonder what kind of backlash the Packers management will get from their fans. I also wonder what noodle-arm Chad Pennington thinks now that he is officially 2nd string in NY...


Football practice has started and we're already hearing about how great the SEC is. It's common in the south for the SEC to be called the best conference in college football, well, because it is. Georgia, Florida and LSU are ranked in the top 6 in the preseason polls with Georgia being #1. Right now I am rather annoyed with UK's outlook this year. I'm always excited about football season and I'm always equally excited about UK football. But there is some dumb stuff going on in Big Blue Country. The team looked like it will be better on defense because they returned a lot of guys who got plenty of PT last year. They lost all of their skilled guys on offense to the NFL (that sounded weird) but they still had some solid speed returning. Then one of their starting DB's becomes ineligible, then a starting offensive lineman and THEN the guy who was supposed to take over for Andre Woodson at QB, versatile Curtis Pulley gets kciked off the team for being an idiot. I mean, he redshirted last year to be the starter this year! I don't want to go into his stupidity but I think that Mike Hartline, who is now #1, will turn out to be a good QB. I hope they can get it together and keep the string alive for bowl appearances... 2 in a row and counting baby!!! Oh- and no losses to Vandy...

Are we drifting towards this?


I gotta comment on this heat. Last night I went out for a recovery spin on the road bike and it felt like somebody was blowing a hair dryer in my face. It was almost 8 o'clock and still 90 degrees. Right now it's 94 and feels like 103. This is just another reason why the fall is the best time of the year...

No comments: