September 26, 2008

Sporty Girl Training!

My princess and I loaded up after school/work yesterday for some laps at Hanna Park to get ready for the 2nd race of the fall series this weekend in Fernandina.

Before we got started on Avery's workout...




We had a really good time. After Avery finished the workout part of the ride, she wanted to keep rolling. We rode around the park, went around the lake, zipped though the playground, rode Misery and then checked out the huge waves down at the beach. It made me realize how much more we should have been doing stuff like this. No doubt we will do this weekly from now on...

Here's a clip of some smooth riding...

Man, was USC getting upset by Oregon State last night awesome or what? I really thought that there was a good chance USC would lose considering they lost up there 2 years ago. I fell asleep by halftime becasue the game started at 9 but what I did see, that freshman running back for O-State is one quick little stud! I was also amazed at how much bigger the USC players were- but it didn't seem to matter. This loss should keep USC out of the title game but since it happened so early in the season, late season losses by real contenders could work out in their favor. But, this game made the weak Pac-10 look even weaker. Dude, the SEC rulez!

2 comments:

jameson said...

dude.. that video is awesome. She is riding smooth.

and yes... that game last night was killer. There's nothing I like more than an upset!

Karlos said...

yes. You would be surprised how long a kid can ride with the proper goals and motivation(ice cream and pizza).

My 8 year old once cranked 32 miles with me on his single speed. Great fun.