September 21, 2008

Mellow Weekend

With no training going on for me this weekend, I got to watch some awesome football games. After working Saturday while Char and Avery took Mays to a B.A.R.C. event, I got home and watched Florida man-handle Tennesse. After that I watched part of the LSU/Auburn game and the Georgia/Arizona State before Char and I headed to the bowling alley to bust up some pins! Man, bowling is so damn fun! Char used to bust on me for having my own ball and shoes so one Christmas I got her a ball, shoes and a bag! Next thing we need to do is find a league...

Sunday everybody headed to Hanna for a ride in the trails. Char had a long, hard workout and Avery had some actual training as well to get ready for her race next weekend. Avery and I rode a 1 mile loop for a few laps, each time she worked on going faster than the last lap. She rocked it! After that she was ready for a cool down so we rolled down the road for a bit and then finished with a mellow ride through Misery. After we got done, Avery checked out my new ride in the parking lot...


From there we headed home, cleaned up and watched the Jags/Colts game. Man, what a good game! The Jags dominated the clock with their grinding ground game, while the secondary struggled keeping Peyton in check. The game came down to the final seconds with the Jags hitting a long field goal to get the much needed win. With all the excitement, we all headed outside to toss around the football (actually our Nerf aero football) while Mayfield was the monkey in the middle...fun times!

Another good thing about fall and football season is all of the seasonal beers that are out. Lately, I've been enjoying Blue Moon's Harvest Moon but this weekend I got some Leinenkugel Oktoberfest and some Dogfish Head Punkin Ale. Dogfish Head makes some seriously good beer, and the Punkin Ale is some good stuff! Leini is also a good brewery and my favorite from them is their Sunset Wheat, but the Oktoberfest did not disappoint. Anyhow, football has gotta be the best way to enjoy all of the autumn brews! Oh, has anybody ever read reviews by professional beer tasters? Man, they have their own vernacular and give some crazy details of sensory stimulation. My reviews are like, awesome, good, ok, so-so, sucks, tasty, etc...

Here's what to look for next time you visit your local brew buying joint...

Last thought, who do I know in Chicago? I've been so curious about that when I look at the analytics...

2 comments:

Sean Crichton said...

dude, you must have a secret admirer that lives in Chicago! I bet she's HOT.....OR.......it could be that one of your dork friends works for a company that has a server based out of Chicago.......hmmm - tough one.

Todd Hatfield said...

Those damn out of town servers seem to always get the best of me. Anyhow, I don't think any dorks frequent this blog dude. I dork-proofed this joint a long time ago...