June 20, 2012

This Week

Post Tuesday night Open Road Ride

Tuesday night I hit Open Road- HARD. Not sure why, but I had very strong legs and had a great ride. I spent a decent amount of time at the front, recovered smart, attacked hard late, and then concentrated on good positioning for the final sprint. I put a quality 40 miles in the books and for those scoring at home, 3rd in that damn sprint.

Tonight after I put Riley to bed and took a little siesta, I hopped on the trainer for a 45 minute recovery spin. I need to get better at recovering, so I have to make myself do stuff like this more often. I hope to have good legs for the County Line ride tomorrow night, which I would consider the fastest ride in town right now. I am not 100% sure about this weekend, but I'd like to do the Velobrew training crit this Sunday, which will be my 3rd weekend in a row of racing. I also really want to get on my mountain bike, because those races will be here before you know it....

Late night recovery spin in the garage

No comments: