June 19, 2012

New Bike, Mas Training


So here I am 3 months into my cycling comeback, with a new bike. I bought a buddy's 2011 Trek Madone ProjectOne 6.9 SSL loaded with all Bontrager XXL and SRAM Red. This machine is sick! I've been hitting about 150 miles a week on it and have raced  twice so far. I am pleased with my improving fitness so far after my 4 year bike racer hiatus. But damn, it is great to be back!  

This first pic shows her posing after our 3rd place finish in the Velobrew Crit 2 weeks ago. The second is a typical weekend ride around town and the 3rd is after the Ocala Road Race last weekend. I opted to race Masters 30+ and was doing pretty well until I ran out of water and started cramping 3/4 through the race. The heat, sporadic accelerations, and a lack of fitness resulted in big fat DNF. Sucks but has me determined to train my ass off and be prepared for the Nocatee road race in August.





No comments: