August 16, 2009

Scenery?

I like to check out the Facebook pages and blogs of other athletes, especially the endurance athletes that live in training mecca's such as California and Colorado. They post some pretty amazing pictures of their local terrain where they get the pleasure of training every day. Sometimes the pictures of the mountains and everything else that is not Florida is oh so inspiring. But don't get me wrong- I love Florida and will probably never leave... but the scenery thing still got me thinking- what does my everyday scenery look like to those who do not live here? Well, I decided to take the camera with me on a short spin from my house and here are the results...

Most of our riding and running takes place around UNF, which is less than a mile from our front door...

The closest "cities" to Jax...



Pretty much all new roads come with bike lanes, even side roads...


I've grown fond of riding up and down the "new" Kernan Blvd. BTW- all of our climbing around here is done on bridges...


There are plenty of these signs everywhere... but there those one percenters who don't give a damn...

The beach is a few miles down Beach Blvd, which you can see has good bike lanes...

Tons of golf communities...


Love the driving range at UNF- open late, serves beer and is VERY close to home...

My ride ventures back into UNF and thier fresh blacktop roads...


The new student center at UNF- this school has really grown over the last few years....

And back home to our cozy townhouse tucked behind the St. John's Town Center...


Yeah, this is a little boring when I look back at it but it is at least different from most things that people see online. Anyhow, I got some new beer at Total Wine this week- Stone Imperial Russian Stout. Strong stuff at 10.9% but good nonetheless. I recommend drinking this after a hard ride so that it'll hit you like 4 beers should- considering that that is about what it is. I didn't have a koozie to fit the big bottle, so I squeezed it into a can koozie... Go Big Blue!

2 comments:

Sean Crichton said...

Seems like you excluded some of the other "scenery" at UNF.

Todd Hatfield said...

...wink, wink....