August 9, 2009

At the Links

Yesterday we hit Cimarrone Golf Club for a mega-hot round of 18 holes with Brett & Raina. Those 2 are pretty solid golfers and would have killed us but the match-up was boys vs girls, which worked out perfect. The wager was the losers had to pony up for pizza and UFC. The winner/loser thing wasn't so much of a big deal compared to how fun (and humbling) the day was. After yesterday, Char and I have the bug to get better and play more. I'm sure I'll start hitting GolfPlex down the street at UNF more and try to get my drive and... scratch that- I need to get everything worked out! Maybe now we'll get serious about that coaching we looked into a few months back...

Here's Brett teeing off on the front 9- on his way to a PR...

My driver was as erratic as Ricky "Wild Thing" Vaughn...

Raina: the model of consistency...

Char showing me how to hit it straight...

Still looking gorgeous after 5+ hours in the 90+ degree sunny FL heat...


The Champs...still adding up my score...


I'm sure we'll hit the golf course again soon enough but our next challenge is a tennis match. That should be interesting....

So after golf we headed back to their place for pizza with the kids and then UFC. We hook up from time to time to check out UFC on PPV, which is always a blast! I don't want to recap the whole card but I do want to comment on the Forrst Griffin/Anderson Silva fight- FG has always been one of my favorite fighters for many reasons. This dude brings it every fight but I do not know what in the heck happened to him last night other than sheer embarrassment. He didn't even seem to be in the same league as The Spider. Now, I know that Silva is considered one of the best ever right now, but he toyed with and humiliated Forrest. I felt bad for FG, especially how he ran out of the ring after his 3rd and final knockdown in the 1st round, but I sure hope he can bounce back from this somehow some way. Either way, UFC rocks!

No comments: