August 4, 2009

Quik Hitterz

An extended thought to yesterday's post- possibly the 2nd biggest scam to insurance is college text books. These people have to be raking in the loot! I'm glad they finally offer an option to rent books for the semester but this nonsense of expensive books that you either get stuck with or sell back for pennies on the dollar is outta control! I guess there are websites out there for selling used text books but I am too lazy to figure out that option... I'd rather bitch.

Oh- big scam #3 is OEM's selling OEM parts. "We can charge whatever we want because we are the only ones that have it!" I see this one at work all the time...

While I have a few weeks of downtime between semesters I have gotten back into the James Patterson Alex Cross detective series. After reading a few books into the series earlier this year I got hooked. Right now I am about half way through the 14 book series and this week I started reading Mary Mary. If any of you like a solid bad-a$$ detective solving some gruesome murders, check out one of these books. If you haven't heard of James Patterson, he does have one book that went to the movies- Kiss the Girls (with Ashley Judd!) Thats about as far in depth as I'll go talking about the series but you can always Google for more detailed info...

Oh man- this weekend I pulled a complete bonehead move and busted my arm...at home...in my house...sober. I won't get into the details of how I smashed my forearm into the 2nd floor stair-rail-gate-thing deal but I think I may have cracked my radius or ulna, whichever one I hit. Man, it hurt so bad when I did it- I wasn't sure if I was going to faint or vomit but I danced around like a loon in crazy pain for several minutes! From there, after some rugged caveman reasoning, I decided to go mtn biking to test the damage. Surprisingly it did not hurt that bad (maybe because my whole arm went semi-numb) but I did learn that the faster I went on the bike and the harder I pushed, the less my arm hurt. So that was Sunday. Monday and Tuesday has yet to see the pain and swelling subside. Maybe Wednesday will provide a clearer decision on going to get this sucker checked out. My gut feeling is that it may be cracked but besides it being swollen and looking awful, it hasn't kept from doing much...besides bitching... Man, I hate going to the doctor...

What else? Oh- Char's birthday is Thursday. I may have a thing or 2 up my sleeve...

No comments: