August 7, 2009

Coolness


A few weeks ago I ran into The Bergers at the XTERRA First Coast and they told me that I was on the flyer and t-shirt for the 8 Hours of Labor in Gainesville next month. How cool is that? The 8 Hours of Labor last year may have been my last race (ever?) and even though it was the final straw that sent me to the Mayo Clinic, it is an awesome race at an awesome course! I would love to be able to do this race again with Char and redeem myself for my unexplained shutdown that took place 30 minutes into an 8 hour relay race. Either way, I appreciate the gesture of being put on the cover. Gone Riding has to be one of the top race promoters in the country and I have thoroughly enjoyed being at their venues over the past 5 years. Thanks!

Oh, I bet sbc doesn't know whose Spark that is with the 139 bolted on the front...

So tomorrow Char and I are playing golf with the Smithley's. This should be something! I haven't actually "played" golf since one time in high school and I have no idea when Char played last. I do know that I have new clubs, have been to the driving range a few times this year and Char has touched clubs twice since I met her. I do not know what Brett & Raina have as far as golf games (other than they practiced today) but I do know that there will be 4 mega competitive folks on the course tomorrow. Stay tuned...

No comments: