August 27, 2009

No substance

Ok, so it seems like I've posted crap since I've gotten back to this blog. Talking about school is boring, talking about reading books is boring, talking about work is boring, talking about sports, funny stuff, current events and bike stuff seems ok, I guess. It was fun when I talked about training and racing and traveling. Hell, it was fun just doing that stuff period. Talking about working out just to stay fit instead of training for a race or races seems rather boring too. I see people at the gym all the time- big whoop. I see people running all the time too but most of them are probably training for something. I'm sure some are like me and are just doing it because it's the quickest workout with the most bang- or maybe because some of them like to run. I also see people out on their bikes, which has got me thinking- I'd love to sit in a group ride. It's been quite some time since I've hit the group ride scene here in Jax. I used to love group rides and would think about them most of the day when I was going to hit Open Road, or County Line- you know, the Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday big boy circuit. I remember when I first started riding Open Road when my goal was to hang on as long as possible. Same with County Line. Before long I was taking lots of pulls, attacking, responding to attacks, sitting in, planning strategies and contesting the final sprint. Ah man, the thrill of the weekly local road race! Then there are the AB rides. You know, the ones that are not as fast. Those were cool to sit in on and check out the routes and group dynamics... and to crush the AB fast dudes! Or they were just nice to have as a recovery ride. Anyhow, since I have gotten into half way decent shape and my heart seems to still be working ok, maybe I'll show up and sit in on one of the many rides around town...just maybe...

2 comments:

Sean Crichton said...

I hear the CLR calling your name.........."Blue"......."Blue"......"Blue"

jameson said...

i just started getting in on group ride this year and it has definitely taken my riding to another level... good times for sure!