October 5, 2011

joined a club

I almost did absolutely nothing today, which would be day 5 of recovery and sickness. Maybe I didn't mention it on here but did on Facebook, but I managed to get sick in the hospital and now I've lost my voice along with feeling like total crap. Awesome. Anyhow, today I contacted a group that I had started to work with when I was first on the verge of getting the ICD a few years ago. The ICD Sports Registry is a group out of Yale University that studies athletes with ICD's. They are supported by 3 of the major ICD manufacturers and their goal is to determine the risks and safety of ICD'd athletes participating in sports more rigorous than golf. Very cool stuff. As soon as I can, I plan to get back to running and riding. My running goal will top out at a marathon after running a half marathon last year. As far as the bike, I plan to get back into the endurance mountain bike events. I'm not exactly sure what I'm going to do at the moment, I just know that I'm going to be doing some fun stuff. Either way, I'm stoked to be able to provide such valuable data to an important study.

No comments: