October 3, 2011

Football season...

...sucks so far if you are a Kentucky and Jacksonville Jaguars fan. Both teams are supposed to be in somewhat of a transition year but this is beyond disappointing. I usually partially pull for my hometown Louisville Cardinals but they are terrible also. And since I've lived in Gator country for 15 years, been to dozens of games in the Swamp, and even married into a Gator family, pulling for Florida is just not natural. I mean, I do root for them anytime they are not playing UK, but I guess they will be my only hope this year in regards to enjoyable football. Although that blowout loss to Bama was a tough one to watch. With that being said, Coach Cal brought in his 3rd #1 recruiting class in a row. And did I mention they are preseason #2? After making the Elite 8 in his first year and then the Final 4 his second year, I think he has an excellent chance to make a strong push for Title #8 this year. I've also been following Coach Cal on Twitter/Facebook the past few years and I've genuinely become a fan of the guy- he's really a good dude. Anyhow, what I'm getting at is that I am ready for some damn UK basketball! Even though the Cats have lost 8 (yes, 8!) first rounders to the NBA in the last 2 years, their roster is stacked!

A reminder of last year's incredible run...




No comments: