October 7, 2011

Friday...

It's already been one week since my surgery and besides being a little stir-crazy and a lot under the weather; I'm ready to get out of the house! Well, I did get out of the house a few hours Monday and Wednesday night to hit my classes at UNF. I also got out for several walks with Ness but you know what I'm saying. Anyhow, I really look forward to getting out to Avery's soccer game in Ponte Vedra tomorrow morning. Hopefully the weather will cooperate...

This morning Char and I went to her 27 week ultrasound and saw that our 2+ pound little lady is looking great! It's hard to believe that we are only 3 months away from her arrival. We have been steadily building up our baby stuff inventory and crossing items off of our Babies R Us registry as we get them. Man, I think I forgot how much stuff babies need!

Today I head back to Mayo for my follow up and a little ICD analysis with the pace clinic. I'm curious to see what has been recorded so far, if anything. Anyhow, here's how things are looking after one whole week-


The pain is pretty much gone but now I just feel a little tightness in the implant area. It pretty much feels like there is a hockey puck lodged in my chest. The swelling is about all gone so now you can see the outline of the device. Cool.

And while I've been home and drugged all week, I did not come close to out-sleeping my buddy...


Football this weekend looks ok, especially with the nasty weather we are supposed to be getting. So in the college world, UK visits South Carolina and I do not think that there will be another upset in the works like there was last year. I look for The Ol' Ball Coach to cruise. Florida heads to LSU and this could be an old fashioned butt-whoopin with Brantley out. But hell, Florida could keep it close after getting man-handled by Bama last week. Besides the Red River Shootout, Louisville has a match up at North Carolina that will probably be a baby-blue blowout for the home team. As for the NFL, of course there will be a lot of good games, but I will have my eyes on the Jaguars hosting the Bengals. This game should be interesting- and not just because of the rookie quarterback match up, but because the game should really dictate if the Jags are that awful or not. The Jags really need this win and with the worst offense in the NFL against one of the best defenses, it will probably be a long day for the home team and another step towards a high draft pick next year. Hopefully, somebody for Gabbert to throw to will be in the cards for next season. But as for now, the planned whiteout may not help. Wait... they are having a whiteout and it's supposed to rain? White t-shirts and water? Yikes...

No comments: