October 30, 2008

Good Beer in Charlotte

So I'm back in Charlotte for more job training. The good thing about my job is that the company is doing extremely well right now. In fact, they are doing the best they have ever done and the owner just sent out a company wide letter talking about it. Ok, enough of that. This trip isn't as fun as my last trip up here because I did not bring the bikes. The last time I was here I hit some really nice trails and I was looking forward to all of these trips for that reason. This time I am spening more time relaxing and sampling some seasonal beers. In other words, I am adding some love to my soon to be former 32" waist! ;) Right now I am enjoying Flying Dog's Dogtoberfest while the past few days I had Blue Moon's Full Moon and Sam Adams Octoberfest. All good stuff. Today I picked up a treat for me & sbc to drink at tomorrow night's Halloween shindig. This stuff is pretty potent so we better take it easy...




Tomorrow I will zip home (5+ hour drive) after class and get ready to go to a Halloween party at the beach with Char. We got somewhat matching costumes so I will be sure to post some pictures later. I look forward to having some fun with my prize!

Yesterday after class I checked out REI and I must have walked around that store 10 times like a solid tard. That place friggin rocks! Man, why can't they put a REI in the 904?

This weekend is the now un-PC World's Largest Cocktail Party in Jacksonville. For those who don't know, it means Florida-Georgia. This game will be huge! We plan to hook up with some friends for a little cookout action and watch the game. I can't wait for this game- #3 vs #8. Tebow vs Stafford. Richt vs Meyer. Dawgs vs Gators. Georgia Necks vs Swamp Necks...

Sunday I have a date with my ubertalented daughter for some dirt bike action. Nothing like hittin the trails with my little angel...

4 comments:

Sean Crichton said...

aww hell, Terrapins? Hey, didn't we have some of those up at the Athens Twilight at that restaurant with no a/c???

jameson said...

fall/winter is for Beer drinking. Do you guys have firestone out there? You have to check out their Double Barrel Ale. So good.

good football this weekend.. can't wait!

Todd Hatfield said...

Yeah, we had Terrapin in Athens. This stuff is made there. The liquor store I went to yesterday had more stuff then Total Wine!

Firestone? Doesn't sound familiar. I'll have to check TW this weekend. I'm all about trying some good beer!

Sean Crichton said...

I wish i could drink beer at work....