November 5, 2008

Wild Blue

This past weekend I watched a ton of football. I normally watch a lot of football, but rarely do I watch multiple games in the same day- nor do I normally watch ALL of a game. Saturday we rolled down to Brett & Raina's for some kickass food and the Florida-Georgia game. I won't go into it, but Florida smoked Georgia. I mean, they really dusted them off. We stuck around to watch the Texas-Texas Tech game and boy was it a treat! Texas Tech ended up knocking off the Longhorns in what will be one of the best games of the year. Right now the BCS is a total mess (as usual) and who knows how it will workout. As long as Bama beats LSU this weekend, I think it may be Florida - Penn St in the big game. Of course, I could be way off...

Sunday we kicked it around the house and watched the Jags game against 0-8 Cincinnati. Nevermind, I'm skipping Sunday. The Jags lost and I'm annoyed.

This week I'm back in Charlotte for more job training. After playing some tennis Sunday night with Char and Avery, I decided this week I am starting some kind of workout. It has been 8 weeks since I stopped training and Monday morning when I got on the scale, I saw a number I hadn't seen since the decline of my bodybuilding days. I need to get my ass back in shape after this 2 month love affair with good beer and good food. So Monday we went to the Y and damn, that place is packed! Anyhow, I got in some light lifting and a light jog with Char. It felt good but it is nerve-racking because I am so in-tune with my heart- I notice every little skipped beat and whatnot. I guess you just never know when one of those crazy beats can turn into something worse. But to hell with it, I just have to be smart and understand the limitations and risks. With that being said, I hit the Y here in Charlotte tonight for some more lifting and jogging. Man, it feels good to be in the gym like the old days. Granted it is quite a bit different now that I weigh about 50 pounds less and can only lift a small percentage of what I used to do. But it sure does feel good. Plus, when I went to Moes afterwards, I didn't feel guilty about eating food that tastes good!


Tonight I hit the beer barn behind my hotel and decided to try something new- Wild Blue. As most of you know, I am partial to anything with the word 'blue' in it. I have never had any blueberry lager, but this stuff is pretty good. And at 8%, it gets you warmed up pretty quick.

2 comments:

jameson said...

blueberry lager... that sounds kind of gross. I had some Racer 5 IPA last night... one of my favorites. Do you guys get any of Bear Republics beers out there?

Todd Hatfield said...

Its actually not too bad- just a little something to break it up. Haven't heard of Bear Republics but I'll have to look. I couldn't find Firestone DBA here in Charlotte but I'll have to check when I get back home.