July 20, 2008

Slight chance of hot...


Finally got on the mtn bike today for a 2 hour spin at Hanna Park. I need to start getting more time on the dirt. I also need to get my front fork and rear shock rebuilt- they are a total mess. Bike maintenance can be annoying sometimes. Anyhow, I felt really good when I got started in the trails even though I thought I'd be hurtin from my solo century yesterday. BUT, after I really picked it up on my 2nd lap and rolled with my heart rate in zone 5 for half the lap, my 3rd lap turned into pure suffering. I was overheating bad. I finished that lap, stopped in the parking lot to grab a bottle, drank an extra water bottle and then poured some cold water over my head and back. Ahhh- felt better immedialtely. From there I did 2 easy laps with Char and called it a day. Man, it was like a damn rain forest- damn hot and mad humid! At least the road bike offers a constant breeze...

No comments: