July 15, 2008

Faarrv-ra

So the Tour has hit the mountains and now the contenders and pretenders are starting to be separated. I am really surprised to see American Christian Vandevelde from Team Garmin-Chipotle sitting in 3rd place, only 38 seconds off the lead. I am eager to see how he holds up over the next few weeks. Cadel Evans, who is the favorite and currently wearing the maillot jaune, is looking strong and can hold on for the win if he stays safe and on form. After an exiting stage 10 in the mountains yesterday, today is a well deserved rest day.


I plan to recap this past weekend's activites in a later post (maybe tonight) and add a few pictures from the triathlon Saturday. I'll say now that it was a great weekend...

Oh- Brett Favre...man, what a mess! Retire. Unretire. Forced to retire by the Packers before the draft. Asking to be released. Not being released. I don't know what to think because I can see it from both sides. Now the mystery is whether he will play and if he does, will it be starting for the Pack or for somebody else? He will only play if he is named the starter but Green Bay needs to move on and groom their next quarterback, Aaron Rodgers. Didn't I post something earlier this summer about athletes not being able to let go? Favre is 38 but I think he actually has quite a bit in the tank. Oh well- it should make camp interesting this summer...

No comments: