January 25, 2009

Rolling in the dirt

This week I did a little wrenchin' on the bikes- Char got some new wheels (warranty replacements) and I got some new rubber. I traded in my Hutchinson Piranha's (tubeless light) for some Bontrager TLR XDX's. I think the Hutchinson's lasted longer than any tires I've ever had on the mtb- I put them on last January. I will use Hutchinson again, like maybe the Tubeless Light Python. Anyhow, I hope I have better luck with the Bontrager's than I have in the past. I also replaced my carbon Bontrager stem and seatpost with the good Thomson stuff. So far so good!

Char's trusty steed...

My great white rig...



This week started out being very cold (cold for us!)- a few days it dropped below 30 at night and only got to 50 during the day. But things got back to normal this weekend so Avery and I hit the trails...

Showing Avery how to get over logs...


Avery leading out...


Avery bombing down Mount Sand...


Somebody being persuaded to do one more lap...

The lake...


The ocean...

Ending our ride...


I got back in touch with Mayo Friday and asked them to go with Medtronic for the ICD since Boston Scientific had not contacted me in 3 months. I was beyond tired of waiting. After I talked to Mayo, my doctor called me soon after, then Medtronic called me about 10 minutes after that. Wow! To make a long story short, I am now working with one of their engineers on possible points of electromagnetic interference at work and it looks like the main area of concern will be the large DC motors that we have all over our plant. Monday I will work on finding a way to get the EMI measured (Medtronic doesn't actually do it) so that we know if the device will be affected or not. Standby...

No comments: