January 10, 2009

Gator Girls

Man, I've gotten pretty bad at posting since I stopped training. Seems kinda weird though- I have more time yet I post less. Maybe it's because of Facebook... Anyhow, nothing new with my heart deal. It seems to still be working. Hehe.. I am still waiting on either Boston Scientific or Medtronic to come screen my work to make sure there will be no interference issues. I call Mayo every week or so and they seem as baffled as I am on the holdup. I've been waiting 2 months now. Bleh. Oh- there are 2 guys at my work with implants from the Mayo. One has a pacer and the other has a defib and they seem to be ok and had good feedback on Mayo's process.

One other thing, well make that 2 things- I got in contact with Yale University regarding a study involving competing athletes who have ICD's. IF it works out that I can compete again, in either mtb racing or maybe running, I will participate in their study. It will be great to be able to contribute to the fight against heart disease and the unknowns of competing with my disease. I also was contacted by Training Peaks to have a blog profile on their site. It will be a little different considering that I am not actively training or racing, but it will be about the racing and training that I was doing, using their program, my heart diagnosis and where I plan to go from here. I'll put up the link when this all happens...

Man, it sucks that college football season is over but it ended with a solid showing by the SEC! The SEC was a combined 6-2 in bowl games with the big one being the BCS title game being won by the Gators over Oklahoma from the over-hyped Big 12. I was pleasantly surprised that UK knocked off East Carolina in the Liberty Bowl for their 3rd bowl win in a row! ECU beat West Virginia and (soft) ACC champ Virginia Tech this year and without out UK freshman phenom QB Randall Cobb, I thought this game could've been an ugly loss. NOT! Go Big Blue!! Oh, has UofL's bowl game come on yet? Ha! I had take that one for revenge from Sosa's game winner in the annual UK/UofL basketball showdown. Will it ever be The Dream Game again???

Ok, so me and ALL my ladies got together to watch the BCS National Championship. I had to work late that night so they got all the good Gator shirts and I was left with, well, take a look...


The blondes got a real kick out of this! Oh well, tough one for ol' Blue. But do Gator Girls have guns like this?? LOL!!


Ok- parting shot for all the family members far and away- here's Avery sporting some always fly digs from Char...

2 comments:

Sean Crichton said...

don't worry blue, i've got the same exact tank top and I wear it proud. Mine just says "Blue Oyster Bar" instead of "Gators" on it.........

Todd Hatfield said...

Do we have a Blue Oyster Bar here?