May 7, 2008

Cinco de Rock Band


For Cinco de Mayo Char and I were invited over to our friends Josh & Bobbi's for some fajitas and drinks. Char had told me that Josh was an excellent cook and had been to culinary school and had been a chef back in the day. Man, were we in for a treat with his homemade salsa, guacamole dip and then the awesome fajitas! This dude can cook! To top it off there was plenty of Coronas, margaritas and martinis. After dinner Josh busted out the game Rock Band on his PS3. Now I had heard of Guitar Hero and Rock Band from various people and how unbelievably fun and addictive the games were...BUT this stuff is no joke! Josh had all of the equipment- the guitar, the drums and the microphone. I wasn't sure how Char and I would be as far as letting go of our inhibitions and grabbing the guitar or the mic but once we started playing nobody wanted to stop! And the fun and drinks just kept flowing! The game puts you into a virtual band and you play the notes or sing the words as they scroll down the screen. There is so much that you can do with this game it is kinda beyond me to explain it all. But I will say this- If you have not seen or tried this game, check it out! One more thing (for the adults)- I recommended enjoying this game with your favorite adult beverages!

No comments: