June 23, 2008

Few and far between

Man, my posting has sucked lately. First I started writing longer posts and including less pictures. Now I just don't do anything. Fun times! Anyhow, we've been busy with some house projects the last few weeks. In an effort to make our townhouse more guest friendly this summer, we sold all of the furniture from the 1st floor retreat, which was a living room / office and did some rearranging. We moved Avery's bedroom from the 3rd floor to this room and then bought all new furniture to outfit her old bedroom as a new guestroom, which is a duplicate of our master suite. Lots of work, lots of moving and lots of stairs! As if our legs weren't sore enough from training... Besides some final touches here and there and a few more things to sell, we are pretty much done.

I've still been riding my arse off, building volume. I really need to get on my mountain bike more often but I am hooked on my road bike. Granted my training dictates mostly road riding but I still need to get on the dirt at least once a week. It is cool though logging 7+ hours and 140 miles in a weekend on the road. My work load is going to increase from about 12 hours a week to 16 this summer. I can't wait!

My brother's family is staying with us this week. They got in last night from the long trip down from Kentucky. I took most of the week off so I'm sure we'll get into all kinds of stuff and I'll even dust off the camera and maybe get back on track in here...maybe...

No comments: