December 25, 2009

Engaged!


I had been toying with all kinds of proposal ideas before and after buying Char's bridal set a few weeks ago. The idea that seemed to be the best was proposing on Christmas Eve, when we normally open one present that night. Since we had the evening to ourselves, we had some wine, dinner and a bottle of wine and watched Gran Torino. I really wanted to incorporate Mayfield into the proposal considering how much she meant to us, especially Char. So I put the ring on a picture/ornament of Mayfield on the tree and told Char that I had somebody very, very special help me with her ring. There was a time when I had used Mayfield in this manner a while back where I had a big bow on her collar. It was a special memory between Char and I that added to this occasion. Anyhow, it worked out perfect, was very emotional and best of all- Char said YES!

I'm pretty excited for Avery to come over later today and we all open presents. After that we are headed down to the Smithley's for Christmas dinner. Should be an awesome day!

Merry Christmas!

No comments: